Early morning drive to the north of Azerbaijan, in Guba sightseeing in Jewish Town/Red Town and bird-eye view of Jewish Town, and mosques of Shiite (Sakina Khanum Mosque, XIX cent) and Sunni (Juma mosque, XIX cent) communities of the town, then visit Guba Genocide Memorial Complex. After the lunch break, drive to Khinalug (stop at several spots on the way to Khinalug in 2350m altitude). Dinner in Khinalug with a local family. Overnight stay in Khinalug.
Breakfast. Hiking to Galaykhudat Village. Lunch break in the village. Afterwards continue hiking to Giriz Village, on the way stop at Gurgur waterfall. Then hiking to Giriz. In the village visit our host family for dinner. Overnight stay in the Village.
Breakfast. Hiking to Girizdahne village. Get taxis to drive back to Guba and drive back to Baku.
- Explore endangered peoples’ life style
- Enjoy mountain scenery on 2-day 25km trekking
- Soak up atmosphere in remote desolate villages
- Trekking 4 ancient villages: Khinalug-Galaykhudat-Giriz-Girizdahene
- 2-night home-stay with local host families
- Learn about languages and cultures of mountainous people
- Local breakfast, lunch and dinner with host families
What You Can Expect:
Discover Azerbaijan’s countryside on a 3-day 2-night tour to remotes villages meanwhile trekking through changing landscape, nature and wildlife above the sea level up to 2360m altitude. You experience the coexistence of communities, though in separate settlements, Shiites, Sunnis and Jews in Guba, and ancient peoples of Khinaligis, Girizis in remote villages. You also do home-stay with host families in the villages we travel to. Meanwhile, you will taste the local cuisine of people.
Please inquire us about the itinerary and quote below.
See some of the images from our trip to the Mountains