In Baku Soviet and Pop-Culture Walking Free Tour you explore social-cultural-leasure heart of the city centre of Baku that labelled as “Tarqovı” (Nizami street) and learn about exquisite stories of love and hatred, rise and fall, happiness and tragedy, turmoil and tranquillity, contrast and harmony from confluent lifes of oil barons and everyday people from Soviet and Modern times..
The walking tour of Baku offers an experience to understant the social and cultural formation of Fountains Square (then Parapet), Nizami (then Torgovaya) and Khagani (Xəqani; then Molokanskaya) streets in Baku based on real life stories, urban legends and myths that have been developed through imperial Russian, socialist Soviet and capitalist modern times. The tour ends with a free cup of black Azerbaijani tea at Coffee Moffie, a local coffee shop.
– Explore central streets on 2.5 hours walking tour
– Understand achitectural development of city centre
– Hear about Urban legends and myths
– Soak up atmosphere of popular culture
– Empathize with love stories of Baku
– Spot central pubs and cafes
– Led by a local guide
– Tour ends with a free cup of tea
Meeting Point: In front of Pizza Hut/KFC at Fountains Square
The tour takes place every day except for SUNDAYS. However, booking is required.
Start Point: in front of Pizza Hut/KFC at Fountain Square (Please, refer to google map above)
Start Time: 17:00
Tipping: This tour is entirely based on tips. How much you tip is completely up to you. You decide at the end of tour how much you think it is worth, or what the amount is that guide deserves as an appreciation of services provided at the end.
– At least two people required to run tour.
– Tour is offered in English and Azerbaijani.
– Operates in all weather conditions, except for harsh weather conditions.