Baku Original Walking Free Tour offers a walk through the most historic sightseeing highlights of Baku, the Fountains Square and four UNESCO sites in Old Town (Icherisheher) meanwhile reflecting on Baku’s past and the transformation that brought by oil barons and their quest for personal glory and fame.
You will also get acquainted with social, cultural, political aspect of every-day life in Baku on the background of stories based on real life of oil barons in late 19th and early 20th century as well as soviet and modern times. You will have insight on of small medieval religious town’s transformation into cosmopolitan city. The tour ends with a free cup of local black tea at Coffee Moffie.
– Explore oldest part of the city on 2.5 hours walking tour
– Hear legends about prominent Oil Barons
– Understand social dynamics of city life
– Soak up the atmosphere in oldest part of city
– Romanticize streets Ali&Nino used to hang out
– Led by a local guide
– Tour ends with a free cup of tea
Meeting Point: In Front of KFC/Pizza Hut at Fountains Square
The tour takes place every day. However, booking is required.
Start Time(s): 11:00 AM
Tipping: This tour is entirely based on tips. How much you tip is completely up to you. You decide at the end of tour how much you think it is worth, or what the amount is that guide deserves as an appreciation of services provided at the end.
– At least two people required to run tour.
%d bloggers like this: