Baku Old Town and Oil Heritage Walking Free Tour offers a walk through the most historic sightseeing highlights of Baku, the Fountains Square and four UNESCO sites in Old Town (Icherisheher) meanwhile reflecting on Baku’s past and the transformation brought by oil barons and their quest for personal glory and fame.
You will also get acquainted with the social, cultural, and political aspects of everyday life in Baku on the background of stories based on the real-life of oil barons in the late 19th and early 20th century as well as Soviet and modern times. You will have insight into a small medieval religious town’s transformation into a cosmopolitan city. The tour ends with a free cup of black tea at Coffee Moffie.
- Explore the old town on 2.5 hours walking tour
- Hear legends about prominent Oil Barons
- Understand social dynamics of city life
- Soak up the atmosphere in the oldest part of the city
- Romanticize streets Ali&Nino used to hang out
- Led by a local guide
- A free cup of traditional Azerbaijani tea
DURATION: 2.5 hours
START TIME: 11AM, 1PM & 3PM
|Group Size||Group Price|
|1-5 ppl||130 AZN|
|6-10 ppl||170 AZN|
|11-15 ppl||220 AZN|
|16-21 ppl||270 AZN|
- Fully narrated sightseeing program in a private walking tour;
- A cup of tea at Coffee Moffie, a local community cafe;
- Certified local guide.
- Tour is offered in English and Azerbaijani;
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately;
- Subject to confirmation within 24 hour.