In this private Baku Oil Heritage Walking Tour our guide walks you through streets of the historic core of Baku including Old Town, Niyazi, Istiglaliyyet and Mutuza Mukhtarov streets. Meanwhile you discover the reflection of Baku’s past and hear about oil barons of the first oil boom era and their quest for personal glory and fame. The tour offers insider’s guide to urban exploration about social, cultural, political aspect of every-day life in Baku with background of stories based on real life of oil barons from late 19th and early 20th century as well as soviet and modern times.
The Baku Oil Heritage Walking Tour highlights how oil changed Baku as as the new generation of the first era of oil boom assumed their social responsibility for a change in an oriental conventional Muslim society. You will hear stories about Azerbaijan’s dilemma of East vs. West, oil barons’ hunger for personal glory and fame, influence of Polish architects, change and continuity through times under imperial Russia, Soviet and Independent Azerbaijan.
- Explore the oldest part of the city on 2.5 hours walking tour
- Hear legends about prominent Oil Barons
- Oil History of Baku
- Understand social dynamics of city life
- Soak up the atmosphere in the oldest part of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Tour ends with a cup of traditional Azerbaijani tea at Coffee Moffie
DURATION: 3 hours
START TIME: 11AM, 1PM & 3PM
|Group Size||Group Price|
|1-5 ppl||130 AZN|
|6-10 ppl||170 AZN|
|11-15 ppl||220 AZN|
|16-21 ppl||270 AZN|
- Fully narrated sightseeing program in private walking tour;
- A cup of tea at Coffee Moffie, a local community cafe;
- Local guide.
- Tour is offered in English and Azerbaijani;
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately;
- Subject to confirmation within 24 hour.