In this private walking tour, we explore the Walled City of Baku (Icharisheher – Old Town), a UNESCO Cultural World Heritage site. It reveals evidence of Zoroastrian, Sasanian, Arabic, Persian, Shirvani, Ottoman, and Russian presence in cultural continuity. The Old Town has preserved much of its 12th-century defensive walls and Maiden Tower (Giz Galasy) and many other cultural structures dating from the 7th to 6th centuries BC, to the 15th-century Shirvanshahs’ Palace is one of the pearls of Azerbaijan’s architecture.
This private walking tour of Baku Old Town will guide you through the melding of cultures that have influenced the development of the surviving Medieval Old Town of Baku over the past nine centuries. It is a tour of an outstanding and rare example of a historic urban ensemble and architecture, which still is a living, vibrant city with residential areas with local communities.
- Explore UNESCO World Heritage on 2.5 hours
- History and Legends about Baku Old Town
- Understand socio-cultural dynamics of Old Town
- Best scenic spots for memorable photos
- Soak up the atmosphere in Medieval Walled Town
- Led by local guide
|Group Size||Group Price|
|1-5 ppl||130 AZN|
|6-10 ppl||170 AZN|
|11-15 ppl||220 AZN|
|16-21 ppl||270 AZN|
- Guided private sightseeing program
- local certified guide
- A cup of tea at a local community cafe
- Duration of the walking tour 2.5-hours
- Start times are 10AM, 1PM & 4PM
- Tour is offered in English and Azerbaijani;
- Operates in all weather conditions
- Subject to confirmation within 24 hours.