In Baku Soviet and Pop-Culture Private Walking Tour, you explore the social-cultural-leasure heart of downtown Baku labelled as “Tarqovı” (Nizami street) and learn about exquisite stories of love and hatred, rise and fall, happiness and tragedy, turmoil and tranquillity, contrast and harmony from confluent lives of oil barons and everyday people from Soviet and Modern times.
This private walking tour of Baku offers an experience to understand the social and cultural formation of Fountains Square (then Parapet), Nizami (then Torgovaya) and Khagani (Xəqani; then Molokanskaya) streets in Baku based on real-life stories, urban legends and myths that have been developed through imperial Russian, socialist Soviet and capitalist modern times. The tour ends with a free cup of black Azerbaijani tea at Coffee Moffie, a local coffee shop.
- Explore downtown on 2.5 hours walking tour
- Understand Soviet times and Pop-Culture in Baku
- Hear about Urban legends and myths
- Soak up atmosphere of popular culture
- Empathize with love stories of Baku
- Spot central pubs and cafes
- Led by a local guide
- Tour ends with a glass of local wine
|Group Size||Group Price|
|1-5 ppl||130 AZN|
|6-10 ppl||170 AZN|
|11-15 ppl||220 AZN|
|16-21 ppl||270 AZN|
- Duration of the walking tour 2.5-hours
- Start times are 11AM, 1PM & 4PM
- Tour is offered in English and Azerbaijani;
- Operates in all weather conditions
- Subject to confirmation within 24 hours.